You can trust the dedication and professionalism of the movers here at Excellent Point Movers, especially when it comes to your Durham NC local or long-distance move. We bring many years of experience handling moves of all types and sizes in this ever-growing city home to 270,000. From packing and storage services to residential and commercial services, we can make sure your relocation goes seamlessly from beginning to end.
Our experience with Durham moves means we are well-versed in logistics, knowledge of the neighborhoods and the best way to get from Point A to Point B. Let us expertly coordinate your move with ease so you can focus on more important parts of your relocation, such as preparing your family or employees for the upcoming move.
Why do so many people choose to move to Durham? There are many reasons, not the least of which is the community’s reasonable cost of living, arts and culture, college town vibe, hip restaurants, affordability and magnet schools. Also known as Bull City, Durham is the county seat of Durham County and is the fourth most populous city in the state. Sitting along the Eno River, Durham forms the center of the Durham/Chapel Hill metro area.
Ready to get a free quote on moving here? Our team would be happy to accommodate you.
What We Offer in Durham
Whether you need a small local move, a more complex long-distance move, or just some loading and unloading, Excellent Point Movers can help. We offer a wide spectrum of services to residents and business owners in and around Durham, including:
- Commercial and office moves: We have the experience when it comes to moving and packing office furniture. Let us help!
- Residential moves: Our professional residential movers will get you moved quickly and efficiently, while taking care of your items.
- Long-distance moves: Excellent Point Movers is here to provide top-notch long distance moving services over 100 miles or out of state,
- Local moves: Our local North Carolina movers are ready to help you move within a 100 mile radius.
- Storage services: Need somewhere between your moves? We offer storage for all of your belongings.
- Packing services: Our expert packers can handle both the packing and unpacking for you. We even bring the supplies and materials!
Our company is built on personalized attention and customer service, so you can get peace of mind knowing you’re getting the highest level of skill and expertise possible. Our movers are also friendly and courteous, and are respectful of your time and property.
Why Move to Durham
Durham, NC is among the fastest growing and most exciting cities in the country. Once known for its booming tobacco production, Durham has transformed itself into an up and coming city with numerous James Beard awarded restaurants and an ever-growing tech scene. Being home to Duke University and part of the Research Triangle Park, one of the most prominent high-tech research and development centers in the U.S., Durham has easily attracted thousands of new residents looking for a fresh start. Still unsure if this could be your new home? Here are the top 5 reasons people are moving to Durham and loving it:
- Jobs: As the hometown of Duke University, which employs over 8,000 people on campus, it should be no surprise that job opportunities abound in Durham. In fact, the city’s unemployment rate (3.8%) is well below both national (4.4%) and state (4.7%) levels. Duke is the top employer for the area, but Durham also contains the Research Triangle Park, the largest science park in the country, which employs more than 50,000 people. But hey, if joining an existing business isn’t your thing, don’t fret: Durham’s creative culture and abundance of young talent make it one of the best cities for entrepreneurs.
- Bars & Restuarants: Durham has a wide variety of food options to serve many different palates. In recent years, the city has attracted world-renowned chefs, bringing numerous prestigious James Beard awards (the Oscars of food) to the small southern city and delicious cuisine into the mouths of locals. Whether you’re looking for some seafood from the 2020 nominated chef Ricky Moore at Saltbox Seafood Joint; locally sourced and sustainably produced food at The Durham from the award-winning Andrea Reusing; or a fusion of Spanish and southern tapas at Mateo from a 4-time James Beard semifinalist Matt Kelly (just to name a few), Durham has a wide variety of cuisine attracting a lot of foodies to the area.
- Nature: Durham is a city for nature lovers. Surrounded by parks, gardens, and protected forests, it’s easy for one to escape the hustle of city life and catch a breath of fresh air. Right in the city’s back yard is the American Tobacco Trail, a 22 mile abandoned railroad corridor that was converted into a paved greenway for walkers, bikers, and runners to enjoy. If 22 miles of trail isn’t enough check out Duke Forest. The University manages much of the forest in the surrounding areas for research, teaching, and recreation. Go just 10 minutes outside of downtown and you’ll find yourself near Duke Forest. The forest is filled with trails for local hikers, runners, mountain bikers, and even horseback riders.
- Cost of Living: As compared to other major technology cities (and even other affordable cities in North Carolina), Durham is definitely on the lower end in terms of cost of living and the cost of housing. In fact, the average cost of a home in Durham–$182,000–is around $75,000 below the U.S. average.
- Culture: Between the museums, festivals, art galleries, and theaters, the city of Durham is rich with diverse activities and experiences. When living in the city there is never a dull night. You can always walk out into the buzzing streets of downtown Durham and find fun experiences to enjoy. Learn more about the thriving arts and culture in Durham.
Contact Excellent Point Movers in Durham NC
To inquire about our services in Durham and to get a free quote for your upcoming move, contact us at 919-787-4400. Our headquarters is located at 5448 Apex Peakway Dr Apex, NC, with hours of Monday through Friday from 7a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Whether you live in Durham proper or a surrounding town like Raleigh or Chapel Hill, our team can make your move a seamless one.